"Birth isn't something we suffer, but something we actively do and exult in."
What We Offer
At Cloud Nine HypnoBirthing we recognise that everyone’s circumstances and commitments differ. For this reason, we try and offer our HypnoBirthing programme in a flexible and personal way, tailored to you and your family’s requirements. Partners or birth companions are very welcome and encouraged to attend. Please do not hesitate to contact us to talk through your requirements. The programme consists of 12 hours of face to face learning time with additional practice needed at home in the time leading up to your baby’s birth. Once the programme has been delivered, support will continue until your baby is born. You can contact us whenever you need to if you have any queries or just want to check in about how your preparation is going. The current options we have available are as follows:
Day 1 of the programme is offered from 10am-4.30pm on a Saturday or Sunday. Day 2 of the programme is offered two weeks later on the same day (Saturday or Sunday). Both days include a light lunch and refreshments.
Weekend course cost £215 (which includes lunch & refreshments)
The programme is delivered one evening per week over a period of four weeks with each session lasting 3 hours.
Weekday classes cost £195
We offer the programme in private classes for you and your partner, birth companion or whoever you would like to be there to support you. Private classes allow a more flexible approach in terms of deliver times of the programme. I am happy to work with you in your own home, BEST Hypnotherapy office at 3 Coates Place or alternatively from my studio in Dunbar.
Private classes costs £350 (There may be additional charges for travel dependent on the distance to your home or preferred venue).
A reduced rate is available if you have a friend who is also wanting to undertake the programme at the same time, this means you can share your experiences together. The cost of delivering the programme to you and a friend (and birth companions) would be £300 per person (or couple).
We are currently delivering HypnoBirthing Classes regularly in Dunbar. Please call or email me directly to discuss class dates and times, or get in touch via Facebook. Our HypnoBirthing classes aim to be informal and relaxed, therefore places will be limited to 2 individuals or couples to ensure a comfortable and friendly environment.
Class prices are inclusive of all the materials needed. On booking 50% deposit will be payable with further payment prior to the programme commencing.
What will you learn on the programme?
- Everything you need to know to achieve safer, easier and more comfortable birth
- To explode the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment to labour
- To consider child birthing history in order to understand where we are today in respect of pregnancy and birthing of our babies
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the fear and tension and swap these for feelings of relaxation and release
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
- To create your body’s own natural relaxant, this will help enhance your pregnancy and birth experience and allow you to experience a calmer and more gentle birth for your baby
- Natural ways to bring your body into labour without artificial chemical induction
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the use of hard physical pushing
- To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended
- How you can support bonding and attachment with your baby both before their birth and when they are born.
- The importance of the first few hours when your baby is born
- Helpful tips to consider when preparing to bring your baby home
What you will get?
- Parent bag which will contain a number of items, such as; parent hand-outs that we will use during the programme and that will support your practice at home, notebook for all your reflections and learning points & other helpful materials.
- Sessions that will be made up of information, guidance, techniques, and lots of relaxation!
- Professionally written scripts for your home practice
- A range of MP3 recordings for your relaxation and preparation
- Guidance and information sheets for planning your Birth Preferences
- A set of birth prompts and supportive materials for your Birth Companion
- Demonstration and practice in optimal birth positions
- Hypnotic sessions in building birth confidence and eliminating fears
- Several deep relaxation techniques for use during pregnancy and birthing
- Well-paced instruction designed to build your confidence and help you to have a safer, easier, and more comfortable birthing
- Special calm breathing methods for use throughout labour and during birthing
- One to one basis (or with Birth companion) for personal attention
- Body toning exercises and practice
- The advantage and confidence of the Mongan Method reputation for top- quality birthing preparation
- Some fun and laughter!